Send Your Pics/ Possible Photo Gallery

All Topics
manuel
Site Admin

Send Your Pics/ Possible Photo Gallery

Post by manuel »

I've noticed a few people have posted their pics at Classmate. That's great. I went through some pictures and was able to spot members of my battalion some 20 years ago. I'd like to have a picture gallery here as well. A few things I don't like about Classmate is 1) the cost. You'd think with all that money they're making they could do something about the slowness of their Web site. 2) I don't think classmates offers much in the line of photo editing. Many of the pics I saw from my Battalion could be touched up. I'm no expert, but I've learned how to make minor changes to old pictures and restore their appearance. I could retouch your photos if needed--I'd be glad to. 3) Our pictures at Classmate are difficult to access. More than likely, if you put your pics here, you'll be able to google them.

At first, I thought I would have you email me your pics. Please do so! But now I'm thinking about installing a user photo gallery. If I set up our very own picture gallery, you'll be able to load your pictures here through your accounts. The nice thing about it is all the Lance pictures will be in one place instead of scattered throughout the Internet. I'll look into this when I have time. In the mean time, tell me what you think. :idea:
David-R: H

pics

Post by David-R: H »

Good idea Manuel.
I have a large group photo from White Sands in 1988 and quite a few smaller photos that should bring some laughs.
I think there is a way to post photos in the forum with the right html code.
I belonged to ethericwarriors.com a while back and we would post photos right in our messages.
I forgot how.
A photo section is probably a better idea than that so that they are all in one place like you said.
manuel
Site Admin

Post by manuel »

Thanks for the feedback. Attaching pictures to your post is not a problem. One of the post buttons (Img) allow you to do this. It uses the following code:

Code: Select all

[img]http://aWebSite.com/aPicture.jpeg[/img]
Here's a working example:

Having said that, it's better to link to a picture instead of displaying it in your message. The message board slows down once you start adding large pictures in the message.
I'm looking into a gallery install. My reservation is this addition my cause problems to the message board (which I know very little of). If this happens, I'll be SOL. In the mean time you can email me the pics and I can post them that way--much easier for me. I'll even add your descriptions to your pics. My Yahoo mail will accept attachments up to 10 MB.
manuel
Site Admin

Post by manuel »

We have our own picture gallery!

Lance Unit Photos

I've placed some of Mary the Medic's 1/32FA pictures there. Here's instructions on setting up your own account.