Netflix has recently settled in a class-action lawsuit accusing them of
delaying subscriber rentals. Netflix denied such a practice until late
2005. This calculator informs subscribers if Netflix has intentionally delayed
(throttled) their rental shipments.
- Select the number of days in the month in question. (online calendar)
- Select the number of Sundays and Saturdays occurring in same month.
- Select the number of postal holidays occurring in same month. (schedule)
- Select Netflix plan.
- Select the number of business days it takes rentals to arrive from your
closest Netflix distribution center. The US Postal Service web site can calculate this for you: Just enter the zip codes of your residence
and your local Netflix distribution center. Be sure to select
"envelope" instead of "package."
- Select the number of average business days you will keep your rentals.
- Enter the number of rentals you received during the month in
question. To obtain this information click "Your Account" on the
Netflix website then click "Rental Activity."
How Does Netflix Throttle?
- Netflix misinforms subscribers when rentals are received. When you
live 1 business day away from Netflix your rentals should arrive at Netflix
in 1 business day-not 2 to 3 business days later! In reality, Netflix
receives your rental in 1 business day and rents it out to other subscribers
however Netflix informs you your rental was received 2-3 business days
- Netflix will not ship out rentals the same day they receive them.
Rentals appear in your queue as shipping tomorrow or the day after.
- Netflix ships your rentals from across country instead of your local
distribution center effectively doubling or tripling shipping times.
The addresses on these envelopes sends it back across country doubling or
tripling shipping times again.
- Netflix waits until the end of the day to ship out your rentals.
This insures the post office will be unable to process your rentals until
the next business day.
- 1-day shipping
- 2-day shipping
- 3-day shipping
- 1-day shipping/keep 1 day
- 1-day shipping/keep 2 days
- 2-day shipping/keep 1 day
- 3-day shipping/keep 1 day
Have You Been Throttled?
If you are a Netflix subscriber and have experienced throttling please
contact an attorney.
Note: This calculator has been designed for use with Netflix only.
Program written 6/8/06
©2006 m. villanueva
Price/Rental Calculator & Turnaround Time | Broken Rental Ratio & Percent | My Opinion of Netflix | My Netflix Journal |