Seeking Detailed Design Attributes of Lance Sustainer Engine

All Topics
schneesb

Seeking Detailed Design Attributes of Lance Sustainer Engine

Post by schneesb »

Does anybody on forum have any technical reference material detailing the engineering of the Lance Rocketdyne Sustainer Engine? I am looking specifically for a discussion of the injector design for either the Lance Sustainer or its follow-on, the RS-36 Bipropellant Engine)...

Most greatful for any leads, specific information that can be provided...

email spaceaholic@gmail.com
manuel
Site Admin

Post by manuel »

An engineer who worked on the Lance once wrote me to comment on the site. If the information's out there I haven't seen it. I've scoured Google for as many Lance sites I could find. If you find anything let me know and I'll link to it.
David-R: H

Lance Engine Specifics

Post by David-R: H »

I recently met a Russian propulsion engineer who works here in Houston now who could probably answer what you need to know if you can't find an a Lance Vet to help you. I was talking to him about the Lance's solid fuel and he was cringing the whole time.
anyways....let me know if you want me to track him down and ask what he knows.
schneesb

Lance Injector Design

Post by schneesb »

Yes David..would absolutely like to take you up on that...my understanding is the sustainer had a throttleable pintle injector....hopefully he has some drawings and/or technical information describing the specifics of how the throttle functioned....the engine was a liquid bi-propellant engine (not a solid)

Have him feel free to contact me directly at spaceaholic@gmail.com

Best Regards
David-R: H

fuel

Post by David-R: H »

oh...I thought udmh and irfna were solids.
thanks for the correction.