New/Old Member

1/32FA LANCE Fliegerhorst Kaserne Hanau, Germany
wachrock

New/Old Member

Post by wachrock »

My name is Rock Amick. I served with Bravo, 1/32 FA Lance at Fliegerhorst Kaserne from August '84 to July '87. I served primarily as a Fire Platoon Leader, later as XO Bravo Battery, then XO HQ Battery. I remember my time in Germany (it was WEST Germany back then), and with Bravo Battery very fondly. In fact, in many ways, it was the best time of my life. For those reading his post, I probably do not need to explain that statement.

I would be excited to hear from those with whom I served. I can be found on facebook, Plaxo, or linkedin networks or at rock25@mac.com.

My most memorable (sober) moment occurred at NAMFI in Crete when my crew scored, what I was told by the Israeli umpire at the time, was the first perfect score during our evaluation in 1985. Sgt. Roger Wood was the Platoon Sgt. and the best NCO, among many, with whom I had the honor to serve. First Sgt. was Bill Oliver and the Battery Commander was Cpt. Aivars Baumanis. Cpt. Baumanis was a West Pointer, but a pretty good officer nonetheless. There are a hundred others but at my advanced age I dare not try to remember all the other names. I am hoping this message board will help me remember.

Long live the Proud Americans!