1st&32 FA Lance missle 05-74 to 12-76

1/32FA LANCE Fliegerhorst Kaserne Hanau, Germany
danny82c20

1st&32 FA Lance missle 05-74 to 12-76

Post by danny82c20 »

:D glad to have found this site but as we all know r stay at Fliegerhorst wasn't always a bed of roses.But life is what we make of it(not what it makes of you unless you let it).I loved my stay but lived off post due to overcrowding in the billets.The Cherry tree,The Italian pizzeria across from the post,the little gift shop right outside the main gates the schnell imbiss with the great Pommes Fritz and all the Wurst,. 21st replacement in frankfurt(not so pleasant to say the least)S**t Park,frankfurt Bahnhof,Zum Zoom Club,Rondenburg castel,the little kanten on post,doppelbock beer and of coarse Jägermeister The Fraulinse as you can tell I could talk for days on my stay for I enlisted and sighned on the dotted line.Did I re-up and take the bonous hell no.32 plus years later I think about it on a daily basis as it is hard not to as that was my home and a part of my life once upon a time.
bubba134

Re: 1st&32 FA Lance missle 05-74 to 12-76

Post by bubba134 »

I WAS AT FLIEGORHORST FROM OCT 76 TILL OCT 79. I WAS A GENERATOR MECHANIC IN HEAD QUARTERS BATTERY.

I SPENT MOST OF MY FREE TIME AT ELMERS DRINKING BINDING BEER AND EATING SCHNIZTLE SANDWICHES. SSG WAS THE MOTOR SEARGENT. I HUNG AROUND WITH MIKE "LOBO" FISHER AND THE OTHER MECHANICS. USED TO GO TO A BAR IN FRANKFURT CALLEDS POPS. I'D REALLY ENJOY HEARING FROM ANYONE WHO WAS THERE THE SAME TIME I WAS.

I DISCOVERED FLIEGORHORST KASERNE WAS CLOSED IN 2007. MY EMAIL IS; gregscottblow@hotmail.com